Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day I: Not As Bad As I Thought

Okay, yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Don't get me wrong.  I was tempted on day 1...big time.  But my meal and snack planning paid off.  Thank God, I had a substantial breakfast because the first thing that hit me was the smell of donuts, as soon as I walked into work.  :-(  And just as I was about to leave work, I was informed that it was a co-worker's birthday.  So, that meant I had to stand next to a cake with buttercream frosting and sing happy birthday.  To make matters worse, the receptionist asked me if I could bring her a piece because she couldn't leave the switchboard.  :-(  Somehow, I survived without eating so much as a crumb of cake.

The hardest thing about the day was how exhausted I was.  I went to bed after 2am and needed to get up around 7:30am.  Big mistake.  I felt like I could fall out by 2 in the afternoon.  I won't be doing that again.   I was so tired, that I almost talked myself out of working out...at least 5 times.  Hee hee.  I didn't do as much as I wanted, but I did get in 30 mins on the elliptical on random @ level 9, a 5 min cool down as well as some stretching.

I was terrified to get on the scale.   But I got it over with as soon as I put my things in my gym locker.  I was expected to be at least 250 lbs because it's been months since I weighed myself and I've been eating crazy...CRAZY, dude.  While I am horrified that I weigh a whopping 237.5 lbs, I am happy that it's somehow less that the 243 I saw the last time I stepped on the scale.  I do work mostly on my feet, so maybe that helped a bit.

So, here's what I ate on day 1:

Breakfast: plain, instant oatmeal (1 pack) w/Splenda
6 oz  Danon Light N Fit yogurt (pineapple coconut)
2 boiled eggs
(I actually only ate the oatmeal and yogurt at home b/c I was running late.  I took the boiled eggs and had them at work when I had time, which made them kind of a late morning snack.)

Lunch:  Sandwich w/chunk white tuna w/diced apples, red onion, reduced fat pepperjack cheese and mustard on whole grain bread
1 oz Ruffles Light
1 bartlett pear
can of diet pepsi

Late afternoon snack:  nonfat greek yogurt (gross, next time I'll just have half a container of the regular version)

Dinner:
Baked boneless, skinless chicken breast w/half tablespoon of barbecue sauce
1 cup steamed Asian vegetable medley
1 cup broccoli rice au gratin

I managed to get in 9 8oz servings of water, but forgot my multivitamin. Since I'm off today, I'll re-up on the vitamins.

My eating wasn't perfect, but I'm definitely on the road to weight loss.  My initial goal is 180, which means I have a whopping 57.5 lbs to go to get there.

Today is my day off, so I can lounge around a bit.  I've got to do full-body weight training and cardio today.  It's gonna suck, but the weights are a must.  I plan to do weights twice this week, but I'd like to eventually be doing weights three times a week.

I'm getting hungry, so I guess I better get some breakfast in me before I do something stupid.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment